MPs and MEPs

Members of Parliament (MPs), Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and members of the Greater London Assembly

How to find out who is your MP

Kennington is in two parliamentary constituencies:  Vauxhall (MP: Florence Eshalomi) and Bermondsey & Old Southwark (MP: Neil Coyle).  In order to find out who is your MP, you need to know your address (street name and number) and if possible your postcode.

If you have internet access and know your postcode, you can find out your constituency and MP by going to the Parliament website ( and putting in your postcode where instructed.  You will then be told who is your MP and how to contact him or her.  There is a lot of other information about what MPs do and when you should contact them.  Most MPs have their own websites to which there are links on the Parliament website; websites often have e-mail addresses for individual MPs.

If you do not have internet access, you can find out who is your local MP by ringing the House of Commons Information Office (020 7219 4272) and telling them your postcode (if you know it) or address.  You can also ask in your local public library (the Durning Library, 167 Kennington Lane, London SE11 4HF, telephone 020 7926 8682) where the staff can if necessary do an internet search for you.

How to contact your MP
Members of Parliament can be contacted at the House of Commons by letter, telephone or e-mail.

  • If you write to them, the address is House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.
  • If you want to contact them by telephone, ring 020 7219 3000 and ask for the office of the MP you want.  If you do that, you may have to leave a voicemail message or talk to a member of staff.
  • If you want to send an e-mail, go to the Parliament website ( and follow the instructions about sending e-mails to MPs.

It is not a good idea to turn up at the House of Commons without an appointment to see your MP. MPs usually have regular surgeries at different places in their constituencies where you can meet them to discuss matters of concern to you.  You will normally have to make an appointment in advance and if necessary your local library will be able to help you to make an appointment.;